Consider these often overlooked factors that can negatively impact your home's appraised value.Floor PlanOlder homes often have unusual floor plans that don't align well with the way people live
9 Ways To Lower the Cost of Homeowners Insurance
Dated: February 28 2022
When buyers are figuring total monthly housing costs, it's easy to obsess over the purchase price, interest rates and points. Some other expenses like homeowners insurance can get overlooked. NerdWallet.com suggests these nine ways to save on homeowners insurance.
- Raise your deductible.
- Make your home more secure.
- Skip small claims that will drive up your deductible.
- Ask about lesser-known discounts for such things as non-smoking residents.
- Account for large and small home improvements.
- Bundle your auto and home insurance.
- Build your credit score.
- Be aware that swimming pools and trampolines increase premiums.
- Shop around.
Roger Flowers is a Realtor based in Redlands, California. He has a particular focus on the residential market, more specifically, assisting clients throughout the Inland Empire (Southern California.) ....