The blog is about the Benefits of Owning a Home. Home sales data points to the fact that housing is a good long-term investment. A recent study conducted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development found that 60% of a homeowner’s wealth is from the equity in their home. Another study done by the Federal Reserve showed an average homeowner’s net worth was 46 times that of an average renter. Here’s why:
Benefits of Owning a Home
- 1. Tax breaks. The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, as well as some of the costs involved in buying your home.
- 2. Appreciation. Real estate has long-term, stable growth in value. While year-to-year fluctuations are normal, median existing-home sale prices have increased on average 6.5 percent each year from 1972 through 2005, and increased 88.5 percent over the last 10 years, according to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORSÂ®. In addition, the number of U.S. households is expected to rise 15 percent over the next decade, creating a continued high demand for housing.
- 3. Equity. Money paid for rent is money that you will never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
- 4. Savings. Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, you can generally take up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple) as gain without owing any federal income tax.
- 5. Predictability. Unlike rent, your fixed-mortgage payments don’t rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will increase.
- 6. Freedom. The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and the Benefits of Owning a Home from your investment for as long as you own the home.
- 7. Stability. Remaining in one neighborhood for several years gives you a chance to participate in community activities, lets you and your family establish lasting friendships, and offers your children the benefit of educational continuity.
Start building your wealth today by purchasing your home in the Inland Empire.
Roger Flowers is a Realtor based in Redlands, California. He has a particular focus on the residential market, more specifically, assisting clients throughout the Inland Empire (Southern California.) His passion is to help customers find the very best homes for themselves and their families. Roger takes a lot of pride in providing a transparent and personable service, as he aims to guide people through one of the most important investments of their lives.